Friday, February 8, 2013

Why Hello There


Why hello there, blog! Haven't seen you in quite a while now. Even though I haven't had a chance in a very long time to take good pictures of my outfit of the days, I've still been taking quick snaps whenever I like what I'm wearing - so now they've become my #ootds on instagram. And yes, I do realize that I have pretty much the same pose in every photo.


I've always been drawn to quirky animal prints and patterns. When I first saw this crab sweater at f21, I knew I had to have it. Who needs a sweater with crabs printed all over it?? Apparently me. I really had no idea how I would wear it, but in a quick last minute decision, I paired it with my pink gingham shirt, which worked out surprisingly well.

I've been MIA for a few months (it was still 2012 when I last posted!) but the following is my attempt to play catch up.


Dress Obsession: I'm always extolling the virtues of the most basic of female clothing items, the dress. It's a way to feel instantly put together with minimal effort and coordination (which is good when one is lingering in bed on a cold winter morning instead of putting the time in to put together an outfit). They're just so easy! Throw on a statement necklace, a pair of tights if necessary, any type of shoe, and you're good to go. 


Layers: I feel like I always have go to combinations when it comes to layering. I get stuck in a rut of wearing a button down under a sweater, or a cardigan layered over a sleeveless dress. But unexpected pairings and bright colors always make it better.

I feel like I've done enough photo collage spamming for one day... things that I am planning on working on very soon: finish updating blog layout, post photos from the Christmas holiday (spent it in Korea), share some easy DIYs I've done recently, and of course my favorite... post some recent handmade valentines that I've made. If anyone's out there reading this, I'm going to try a lot harder than I have the last few months to get this blog up and running as a creative outlet for me.

13 comments:

  1. I freaking love that crab sweater! Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you blogging again! I hate shopping at Forever21 (too overwhelming!), but you have so many good buys from there that I might have to make a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed your wonderful outfit combos - you always put the most unique pieces together in great workable ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Rosa! Love all the outfits - and you look GREAT! Now please post again soon..

    www.indulgingmywanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to see you back at it. I love that crab sweater! Such a great color combination on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you're back...love all of these outfits. I really love the crab sweater on you. It's super cute. I also like your blog makeover too.

    Moody Girl In Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! So glad you are back. I love the crab sweater and all your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're back, I've really missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that crab sweater is adorable! welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i miss your outdoor outfit posts! i'll snap them for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back.. I've missed your posts. Was wondering what had happened to you. Glad to see you and your super cute outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Rosa...that crab sweater is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all these outfits! Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete