Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I Want it That Way



What I'm wearing:
*Zara Polka Dot Dress (similar here)
*anthropologie Looping Lanes Belt (similar here)
*LOFT Ribbon Teardrop Choker
*Free People Ruffled Corset Slip
*Taryn Rose Criss-Cross Mary Janes


I am such a sucker for polka dots. I'm not really sure why, but I find them cute and very easy to wear. Whenever I see something polka dotted in a store, I immediately gravitate towards it and have to check it out. This polka dot number is from Zara, a store that I hadn't been to in awhile, but found several gems in this past weekend. In typical LAFS fashion I belted the dress, and layered a lace slip underneath it. Nothing too crazy or innovative, but I did love the way this turned out.


You've probably noticed a new location for my photos! I've discovered that I can get onto the roof of my building, which makes getting up early to take pictures a lot easier. No strangers giving you the side eye, and I don't have to lug my camera down several set of stairs in my walk-up. I'm proud of myself for snapping a few outfits already this week, even though I have wet hair in all the pictures. It's just a lot easier to do it in the morning, because I rarely get home before the sun goes down.

16 comments:

  1. This outfit is really cute!! All of the little details make the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rooftop photos!
    That dress is adorable and I love the slip layering underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also gravitate towards polka dots and you can definitely tell by my closet that I do! I love the red necklace and red shoes. They go so well with the blue dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rooftop pics! They're super cute & very NYC :) I love polkadots too, they're always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One, I love your shoes. I want them, NOW. Two, I love your rooftop location. It's so New York City and makes me miss my days living there. Three, the morning sun angling down on you in those shots is a visual mood-lifter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love polkadots too! That dress is a classic! I love the roof top view it's the perfect place for taking pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Rosa!Love the little slip peeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the location -- what pretty light! I like how the slip adds a little length to the dress but in a delicate girly way. Polkadots are to you what stripes are to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these polka dots on you!
    Great location. The roof is definitely fun


    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're back - i love your blog!

    I'm also thinking of roof-sneaking as well...my apartment is like a cave!

    Cat

    www.catgotdressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The rooftop is brilliant! How perfectly NY-y- and I love the shafts of sunlight you've captured. great, great shoes too...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have hit the jackpot at Zara. Everything you've been wearing has been adorable on you!

    I love the rooftop photos. What a cool location!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the new photo location! And this outfit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this new locale! Great outfit too - you always look fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit, Rosa! Zara's one of those stores that surprises me sometimes with totally unexpected but perfect dresses. I haven't been to one in a while. Methinks it's about time....

    Oh, and love the rooftop photos!

    ReplyDelete