Thursday, April 28, 2011

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah



What I'm wearing:
*Madewell Cotton Twill Blazer in Cobalt
*Gap Print Draped Tie Neck Top in Yellow
*Earnest Sewn "Lau Flare" Jeans
*J.Crew Leopard Belt (similar here)
*Aerosoles Lace-up Wedges
*MK Michael Kors "Large Hamilton" Tote in Luggage


Today I am doing two things that I normally never do. 1. Wear non-skinny jeans. It's been a long time, but I'm glad they're back. Still not really used to them, but I think flares and I will get along just fine. 2. Tucking my top into pants. I never do this because I find it's rarely flattering, but I decided this top looked better tucked in. Flares are definitely out of my comfort zone, but I'm glad I have a great alternative to my skinny and boyfriend jeans. I haven't been wearing a ton of jeans lately, and I forgot how much I like them. 


I picked up this tan/neon yellow tie top at the Gap during their 40% off promotion, but I was stumped as to what to pair it with. I almost went with a neutral cream cardigan, but I decided to go with the bright blazer instead. The brighter the better in my opinion! I'm definitely going through a phase, and am always on the look out for more. 

7 comments:

  1. That blue is sweet and great with the top. I would have worn grey with it which is kinda yawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 36-inch inseam! Did you have to have it tailored or did you find a petite version (or are you six feet tall)? :)

    Pretty outfit! Love the top too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, i'm loving the blue and yellow combination. I too have been guilty of wearing my skinnies to death and do need to show my flared jeans some love again. Thanks souch for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blazer. I've been eyeing that top too from the Gap.

    http://geekchiclife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete