Thursday, July 22, 2010

Typewriter's Block



What I'm wearing:
*anthropologie Keeping Tabs Tee
*J.Crew Cotton Nico Skirt (similar here)
*Steve Madden Nataliaa Wooden Platform Sandal in Cognac
*anthropologie Double Torsade Necklace in Coral (similar here for only $11!)
*Louis Vuitton Monogram Speedy 35 Bag


Teal/turquoise and coral has always been one of my favorite color combinations. I've been eyeing this cute Porridge top for awhile, with its cute typewriter print, but it wasn't until I held up the coral Double Torsade necklace up to it that I decided it was a top I needed to buy. I decided to keep the bottom neutral since the top part of my outfit is color heavy (that's the way I like it!). 


Wore this outfit out for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in the city, Hecho en Dumbo. It is really yummy Mexican food, and I can't recommend it enough. I've always loved whatever I've ordered there (my favorites are the Picaditas de Jaiba and Tacos de Cochinita Pibil). I'm really glad that I got to go eat there one more time before I leave New York! There are also a few other things on my bucket list... anyone have any fun recs for me that I *need* to try before I go?

How cute is this typewriter print?

Oh yes, the ubiquitous Nataliaa Sandal.

23 comments:

  1. i really love and want that shirt. i might just have to get it. you look wonderful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay now I officially need that necklace. You other bloggers are just taunting me now! :P

    I love the coral with the green. That shirt is so cute and quirky too - I never would have given it a second look but you great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is fantastic! I love how it just splashes the outfit with a burst of color. So fun!

    The shoes look like they shouldn't be comfortable but they probably are. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pairing of teal and coral is fabulous and the print on that tee is too cute. I can see why you would want it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I really like your skirt, your top, and the popping color of your coral color necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are those wall decals? They are awesome! I love the cherry blossoms!

    And the print on your shirt is too cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a former English major, I'm loving the typewriter print. And I love the combination of blue and red -- combining primary colors is so punchy, but also classic!

    Jamie at www.thriftythreadsnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey,
    I loved the coral necklace and the top and the skirt and the shoes and the bag all of it actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute outfit and great use of color. The top is too cute for words. The first time I saw this top I could only think of the time I sold my antique typewriter for $25 ( I know, now I'm sooo mad about it) Love the shoes and that coral necklace is fantastic. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so cute Rosa, I love it from head to toe!! I've been eyeing that skirt. Do you feel it fits TTS or should I go up a size to make it less mini? Thanks in advance for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dea.
    The skirt ran pretty tts for me. The elastic waist makes sizing a bit more flexible. I would just check to see if the bigger size is in fact longer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the red with the blue of the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so cute in this outfit! It's one of the most flattering I've seen you in. You look really fit and svelte!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this outfit is so adorable!!!! I really love the necklace too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the print on that blouse, but I love how you played with color and mixed in that bright necklace. Lovely outfit, Rosa!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just purchased that tee last week, so when I saw today's blog title I hoped that you were wearing it so I could get some styling inspiration. As usual, you did not disappoint. I just ordered the necklace! Thanks!
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  17. You seriously rock at putting outfits together. I love this combo

    flnw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this, Rosa! I have been eyeing this top for so long, and I think you just pushed me over the edge. I love how you style things :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the type writer print on your T-shirt, it's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic style! I want to buy a pair of Nataliaas and would love your feedback on them... are they comfortable to walk around in? Also, I am normally a size 5.5 but since these don't come in half sizes, I have to take a risk and buy them in size 5. Would you say they are on the big or small side for their size? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete