Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Quick Snap: Bows & Cords



What I'm wearing:
*H&M Bow Top (similar here)
*J.Crew Toothpick Ankle Cords in Soft Ochre
*Nine West Pumps in Pewter Patent (similar here)

Just a quick snap of my OOTD today! I decided it was cool enough to break out the cords. This bow top has got to be one of my favorite purchases from H&M. I love that it's girly and comfy at the same time, and the grey/black colorway goes with just about everything.


The weather has been way too gloomy out to be able to take outdoor photos. I promise they will be back soon!

I finally found a pair of "commuting shoes" that I love. I've been on the search for the perfect pair since I've started working. I realized that wearing heels during my commute is not only impractical, but also slows me down and causes me pain. I'm definitely not the type of girl that would wear sneakers on the way to work. I've been wearing the flats that I currently own, but they didn't provide much support for me on the NYC sidewalks. I was so very excited to find the New Balance for Nine West Softmoon Mary Janes in Black/Silver. They aren't as cute or darling as other flats out there, but these are REALLY, truly comfortable (I went for a walk in Central Park in these!) and they sparkle. I figured if I need practical shoes, they might as well be sparkly! I think they look especially cute peeking out from under jeans.

15 comments:

  1. And those commutes must destory your shoes too!

    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit...was going to buy something similar to that top at Anthro but I passed...darn! Love the color of the cords!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMYGOSH. I love this outfit! I just spent that last little while looking through your blog and am a huge fan! Your style is killer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look! The bow is the piece de resistance!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still love that top and the toothpick cords look great on you. I bought them last week and am trying to find good colors to wear with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw those shoes at Nine West over the weekend...I was considering buying the sneakers that were black and sparkly like that, but my husband told me no more shoes! haha
    MixandMatchFashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your legs are to die for in those toothpick cords! I'm super jealous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this!!! So feminine and pretty!

    I just realized I wasn't a follower of yours on Google, but I was before??? Who knows. I am now (again)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehe, this is so cute and sassy I love it! And the color of the pants is just perfect to punch up the grey top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the bow top, it's like it's own accessory!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great outfit. The bow makes the top so unique. And the color on those pants really pop! Your outfits are always so adorabel! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those shoes are adorable...and that shirt PRESIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Love Love the shoes woman! TOTALLY cute!
    Love your blog! I'm new to all of this and started one myself! SO FUN!!
    Yay for fashion!
    http://freelanceshopaholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this outfit, you look super cool and super comfy. I broke out my cords last week too... ahhh fall :) And for comfy shoes, I must say those are the cutest comfy shoes I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete