Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside


What I'm wearing:
*American Apparel Interlock Turtleneck Tent Dress in Cranberry
*Zara Faux Fur Hooded Vest (similar here)
*anthropologie Speckled Sweater Tights in Sand
*anthropologie Bowtied-Beauty Boots
*Forever 21 Reading Glasses Necklace

Love these Bowtied-Beauty Boots, I've had them for months but just have not worn them that much. I usually go for more simple boots but these bows are just too cute!

If you were in New York City this past Saturday, you may have noticed the hordes of Santas that took over the city. The event was SantaCon, which is pretty much a gathering of people dressed up as Santas or other holiday costumes congregating in various parts of the city, imbibing and having a good time. I've never seen this before, and I was intrigued! I didn't want to invest in a Santa or an elf costume just yet, but I still wanted to look festive. I decided to go with a cozy cranberry colored t-neck dress & a faux fur vest to go with my striped Santa hat. I layered a thin knit turtleneck underneath for extra warmth. Sweater tights and boots were also key in staying warm. Luckily it was a beautiful day out, and it was a lot of fun traipsing around the city with a huge crowd of Santas.





After a full day of Santa-ing, I still had more holiday celebrating to do. I was invited to an "ugly sweater" holiday party where we went between several different apartments and enjoyed yummy punch and holiday sweets (I think my favorite was the pumpkin woopie pies at my friend Stephanie's apartment!) It was fun to see people's fun outfits, and I was amused that some of these "ugly sweaters" weren't really ugly at all. I didn't really prepare for this party, so I just wore my fair isle cardigan which felt holiday-ish to me. I'm just happy no one told me they loved my ugly sweater! 


12 comments:

  1. Cool I never heard of SantaCon till I saw something on tv about it the other day. Love your fur vest. looks like you had tons of fun!

    xoxo Monroe

    Fashion Steele NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation of Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You in your Santa-inspired outfit= adorable!! And I think you're the first among the bloggers I follow to own the bow-tied boots. I've seen them in person and loved them, but didn't try them on- do the bows kinda stick out on the sides when worn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fur with the sweaterdress! I have trouble wearing my fur vest. I am totally stealing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was honestly looking at your picture thinking "that sweater is not ugly!" then I finished reading and thought whew my fashion sense is not that off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could have see that many Santas around. That ginger bread man looks delicious!

    Just Better Together is having 2 giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SantaCon looks like a blast. I love how you incorporated the Bowtied Beauty Boots. What a fun way to wear those boots. I try to wear mine often. Oh! Love your adorable Faux Fur Vest. It's perfect as part of your Santa outfit. Better than a costume. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a blast being in the city and seeing SantaCon -- especially because it was a complete suprise to me. Next year, I vote you should go as head-to-toe Anthro Santa. Perhaps a good excuse to buy the Refined Cord Shirtdress in red?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun, never heard of SantaCon but now I want to go! And don't you just love those boots, they are one of my fave purchases this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loooove your outfit! so cute and looks unbelievably comfortable. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gahhhhh! Ive been looking for these boots forever!!! :( They look super duper cute on you! If you ever decide you don't want them.....hahaha:)

    ReplyDelete