Thursday, December 2, 2010

In Love with Le Labo


anthropologie is one of those stores that I love to visit during the holidays. The stores are always whimsical and creative year round, but I always feel like it is extra special this time of year. They always have a unique way of decorating, everything just seems to have that hand made feel and seems to be made with lots of fun & love! 


Last night I was lucky enough to have attended the fragrance launch of a new line of fragrances, Le Labo for anthropologie at the Chelsea Market store. The creators of Le Labo, Fabrice Penot & Edouard Roschi were on hand to talk about their new creations and their inspirations. I love perfume, but am not very knowledgeable about it, so it was very interesting to see what goes behind creating a fragrance! 

The bottles were inspired by a vintage poison bottle, and the labels are reminiscent of vintage stamps. I think it's a nice departure from the frou frou bottles that I normally go for (Chloe, Marc Jacobs Daisy, and Flowerbomb). I had a sniff of all of them, and I ended up having a hard time choosing between two: Chant De Bois & Orange Discrete. The Chant De Bois was deep, woodsy, a bit peppery, and dark. On the other hand, Orange Discrete has a clean citrus scent that intrigued me. 

I actually ended up picking up the Chant De Bois, because I don't have anything that closely resembles it. Luckily, I got a little fragrance spray as a gift on the way out, and I got the Orange Discrete scent! So now I am very excited that I get to try both!

The fragrances come in a spray bottle, solid perfume, and candles.

Shoes, of course I had to look at the shoes!

I love all of the bright colors of kitchen ware.

I was lucky enough to chat with both Roxy of Effortless Anthropologie & Kate of Embarassment of Riches. It's always so lovely to meet other ladies from the blogging world! 

In an ideal world, my walls would be covered in anthropologie wallpaper.


And of course....
What I wore:
*Ella Moss for anthropologie Herringbone Dress
*H&M Black Opaque Tights
*anthropologie Tawny Acres Boots (similar here)
*MICHAEL Michael Kors Large Hamilton Tote in Luggage
*Forever 21 Reading Glasses Necklace
*Forever 21 Bow Headband

It was a really fabulous evening and I feel so lucky to have been able to attend. I had never been to the Chelsea Market store before and I loved it. It is really spacious and the layout was very easy to navigate. To be honest I hadn't really been to an anthro in store lately because I'm trying to be good spending wise! But I'm really excited about my new fragrances. Often I run out the door and forget to put any perfume on, but now I'll be sure to try out the new ones. 

11 comments:

  1. I had a blast seeing you there Rosa!

    My parting gift was Chant de Bois, which happened to be Shawn's favorite of the scent strips I had him smell! I'm so glad you ended up with Orange Discrete. I'm wearing Bouqet Blanc today of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how fun!! You, Roxy, and Kate look great, and how fun that you all got to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I love it when the bloggers meet up, so cute. You all look fantastic. What a fun night out :)
    Louise
    http://runningonanthro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that was you!! I loved your outfit, wasn't it a great night? Fabrice & Eddy are so charming not to mention talented. I was the girl who asked the question about the unisex-ability of the fragrances!

    Will keep an eye on your blog now I know about it!

    saer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosa, you look positively radiant- I LOVE your outfit!! I don't remember seeing that dress at Anthro- what year is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all look great! I love your dress! I don't remember it either. I am sure I would have snatched it up otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tara B.,
    The dress is from around fall/winter 2008!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wore those exact glasses/necklace yesterday! it makes me feel like marian the librarian.

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh I HEART Anthro. We finally got one in New Orleans a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so great meeting you and Kate! Great write-up. :) I ended up with two samples...I guess they packed an extra one in my bag by accident. Not that I'm complaining!

    ReplyDelete