Monday, December 20, 2010

Yes, My Shirt Has Cats on It


What I'm wearing:
*Zara Cat Print Blouse (similar here)
*Gap Ponte Knit Dress (similar here)
*anthropologie Looping Lanes Belt (similar here)
*Black H&M Tights
*Joie "Veronica" Mary-Janes in Caviar
*Foley & Corinna Red Patent Flap Bag


Now I am a huge dog fan, as readers of this blog can see that I am obsessed with my puppy, Savannah. But I am not one of those dog people that hate cats. In fact, I really love the kitties! I think that they are super snuggly and can be just as affectionate as dogs. You just can't play fetch with them. Trust me, I've tried. Cats will just stare back at you with a "what the heck" superior expression on their little faces. So when I saw that Zara had a blouse with cats printed all over it, I knew that it had to be mine! I'm sure now all of my co-workers think that I am a crazy cat lady. 


I figured layering the loud printed top underneath a sleeveless dress would tone down the cat craziness at least a little bit. Also I am feeling very Christmas-y lately so a bright red patent purse was the finishing touch that I reached for.


Happy Monday! I normally hate Mondays but since it's a short week (I leave for home after work on Thursday!) I am not feeling too terrible about it. I had a great weekend spent with lovely friends, and am excited for Christmas!! (and to see my puppy!)

17 comments:

  1. That blouse is absolutely gorgeous. I die, really. And I'm so jealous of your exposed brick wall >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I love the black and red pop. And those shoes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit. I think I own this exact same dress (does it have an exposed zipper in the back?). I have never thought to wear a blouse under it. And these shoes are great. They look high, but comfortable too.

    Lisa
    www.sweetlaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look! I think the cat blouse is sooo cute. I didn't buy it because I have a similar blouse in my closet already but I still pine for it. I wore my Veronicas recently (with the similar blouse I own come to think of it) and I heart them. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cat blouse is cute! I saw this before, but not on you, and thought if I wore it I would look like a crazy cat lady. But now I see you pulling it off and it is super-cute and not crazy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. want...neeeeeed...so lovely with the jumper-style dress...

    I guess it's not current, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cat blouse! I wanted it so bad, but have a similar blouse (although not cats, but stars), so I had to pass. Your accessories are really great here. Love the punch of red and brown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have never thought to pair a blouse under that dress (bc I have that too!) - now I need to find some flowy blouses stat! You look fantastic! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thatdamngreendress,
    sorry, this dress is from last fall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit! I should've gotten those Veronicas :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. The top is fabulous, I really like the bright red purse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you look so great! I love this whole outfit. Why isn't there a Zara in San Diego?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit! The blouse is so cute, I wish I had a Zara around my home :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like this brick wall and of course, your outfit!

    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this blouse! I would totally be a crazy cat lady if it weren't for the boyfriend. ;)

    Oh, and my cat (a pudgy Siamese named Carlos) plays fetch. His favorite toys to fetch are these little sparkly pom-poms. :D
    Fetching is a very common activity amongst certain breeds, particularly Siamese and Tonkinese.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cat blouse!! Am eyeing one but it's $89 and I refuse to pay full price for it : )

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This blouse reminds me of the Andalusian Horse Dress from Anthro -- so light and airy. The Looping Lanes belt works perfectly to anchor the whole look.

    And I agree that your brick wall is just made for picture-taking!

    ReplyDelete