Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Looking Back, Part I

I can't believe 2010 is nearly at a close. It's been an interesting year to say the least, full of many changes and ups & downs. The interwebz is full of "best of 2010" lists of all kinds, but I decided that I needed to have my say, too! Thank you to all the lovely readers out there who stuck by me all throughout 2010, and I love getting to know new ones every day, I hope y'all stick around for more in 2011.

Here is a compilation of my favorite outfits from January-April. I think it's really interesting to go through old posts and not only see what I was wearing during a particular time, but to also read what I was up to, and get a glimpse of the what was going on in the past year.

January was a very exciting month for me. It was when I first moved to New York City! I was thrilled to be in a new and exciting place, but also a bit afraid of what the future would bring. I've never regretted moving to the city! In this month I was obviously gravitating towards bright colors to combat the dreary cold weather. I'm a huge fan of prints and there are very few that I will shy away from.

I chopped my hair off earlier this year and I'm still not sure if that was the best decision. Right now I am currently growing my hair out and it is a tedious process. (Plus, I'm very, very impatient.) In February I gained a new addition to my family, Savannah! I was a huge fan of belting everything, and I favored rich jewel tones. 

March is the month that I turned a quarter of a century old. My style was, and still is, all over the place. You'd think that I'd have figured that out by now. I love everything and anything, and I'm up for trying anything once (eep, yes I see the liquid leggings). 

April showers bring May flowers! And in April NYC got a glimpse of warm weather, which I took full advantage of. I love it when you can start walking around with bare legs (*shakes fist at winter right now*). I also love warm weather because people can actually see what you are wearing, instead of having it hidden under a coat. 

Also wanted to share these bloggers that have been great to follow in the past year! This particular set consists of some ladies that I've had the privilege of meeting in person, even if it was just for a quick word. It's always amazing to see someone in real life, versus their blog presense. 

*Maria of Infinite Whimsy
*Jessica of What I Wore

12 comments:

  1. Great wrap up of your outfits! I can't wait to see the next set :) I adore your style and always have, and I can't wait to see what you wear in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the start of your year in outfits!! The only issue is it reignited my desires for so many completely, officially sold out pieces. haha

    Thank you so much for including me in that wonderful list of blogs/bloggers! I hope we can hang out again soon! xo and Happy New Year, Rosa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, what fun seeing your outfit highlights and your commentary on each month! Your style is so punchy, fun and free, it always makes your blog a pleasure to read :) An early Happy New Year to you Rosa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great recap! I kick myself when seeing the fulmar skirt, that was before I knew about Anthropologie, and everyone makes it look like the perfect piece. Even though you might not think it was the best, I really like your hair when it was short :) Can't wait to see what other outfits were your favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome recap! All of your outfits are adorable. Looking forward to 2011 - can it really get better??? ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit recaps! What about the rest of the year? :) Happy New Years! Can't wait to see what you have for us in 2011!


    Just Better Together is having a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post! Can't wait to see the rest of the months :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think all of the outfits are great. I especially love the blue dress from January. Where is that from? Brand?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh these are fab, can't wait to see the rest. My favourites are the striped skirt from March and the Bold Boutoniere (spelling?) from April :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait to se the rest of your outfit recaps. I really like the format you are using for these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These outfits are really great. You've got such a great style sense and wardrobe to boot! Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. your style is really cute!
    xoxo
    shanalmason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete