Friday, August 26, 2011

Leopard & Lace



What I'm wearing:
*Forever 21 Lace Dress (similar here)
*J.Crew (outlet) Ruffle Collar Cardigan
*Jessica Simpson Leopard Patent Pumps

Does this dress look familiar? If so, it's probably because it's a knockoff of anthropologie/Tracy Reese's "Spinning Lace" dress from an earlier season. It's from Forever 21, but the quality of the dress is not too shabby, and the material feels soft to the touch, not icky like most synthetic fabrics from the store. It's not on the site right now but I did get it very recently in store (for sizing reference, I am wearing a Small in these photos).


Paired this dress with a kelly green cardigan, which came in handy in my freezing cold office yesterday. Why are the buildings so cold inside? Every single I walk into my lobby from outside I start shivering violently. Seems excessive to me. Wasn't sure what kind of shoes to pair with this (my initial instinct was to go with my yellow peep toes) but thought these leopard patent pumps ("borrowed" from my sister's closet) would look cute with the lace!


I think I'll change out the belt next time I wear it, it's a bit flimsy.

Wanted to show the exposed zipper on the back.

Happy Friday! This week has been a bit crazy, with the earthquake and now the impending hurricane coming to NYC. Luckily I'm in a no-evacuation zone, and (obviously) don't live in a highrise building, so I think I'll be okay. I'm hoping that it won't end up being bad at all, but preparing for the worst. And by preparing I mean buying some bottled water, wine, and books. Hope everyone that is potentially in the path of Irene stays safe! 

12 comments:

  1. Love the freshness of the green sweater and white dress. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely and very pretty. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUch a pretty outfit! Love that dress on you! I am so thrilled to see some great quality items coming out of F21 lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is so pretty and looks lovely on you! And I have to say I ADORE it paired with kelly green! The contrast is so crisp and fresh and lovely. Quite genius :)

    And oh, I share your pain on the over air-conditioned offices! I feel like I wear my heavy cashmere sweaters year round because of it. In fact, it's possible that I dress warmer in the summer than in the winter just to combat the fact that I'll have to sit in arctic temperatures inside my office during the former but not the latter! Hrmph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I'm wearing a F21 knockoff of Anthro's Monochromatic Corset Dress (minus the corset detail)--definitely better quality than I've been expecting. The hem stitching is a little crooked, but the belt loops are actually self-fabric. The fabric belt looks like the same as yours, wrinkled and flimsy, but I have tons of ribbons and scarves to use instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am surprised to learn that the dress was from F21. I was sure it was going to be an Anthro item :). It was a great find. I would pair the dress with a brown belt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe there's a decent length dress at F21! They're usually very liberal with their hemlines. I've seen this dress before but never made the connection to the Spinning Lace Dress. You've got a good eye because the resemblance is uncanny. Good call on the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this outfit! The white/black/green colors are lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! I love love this dress and the cardigan and the pumps too!!! TOo bad F21 only has a peach color otherwise I would definitely get one too! You look sooo pretty!!!! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty dress and the emerald against the white is so striking with dark hair, I love the H & M dress below too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dress find! It looks so expensive. And OMG- your calves are so toned and pretty! I want to do whatever workout you're doing.

    ReplyDelete