Monday, February 23, 2009

Lazy Monday


Now that I've seen it in a photo, not just in a mirror, I've decided that today's outfit is not one of my favorites. But it's incredibly comfortable, which can be just as important. I had a case of the Mondays and didn't feel like wearing pants today. Who wants to wear restrictive pants when you can wear stretchy soft leggings? Now, I am completely aware that leggings do NOT equal pants. But I felt that since my soft flannel top covered the important bits, I could get away with wearing this outfit to class.

Top: Molly
Belt: Banana Republic (suede with patent trim)
Leggings: Aerie
Boots: Corso Como for M+O
Jacket: Mike & Chris
Scarf: Anthropologie

I feel sort of like a fierce lumberjack in this outfit. I also realize that I have a pouty "I hate getting out of bed to go to class" face on. Also, it was absolutely freezing cold outside today, and very windy. I was not very excited about that either, since I have to walk between buildings to go to class. Pretty much miserable weather. But I was loving the Mike & Chris fleece trench that I was wearing, it is like wearing a giant sweatshirt, which is a nice comfortable feeling. It's hard to tell in the photo, but my scarf has metallic strands woven in it, gives my otherwise bland outfit some sparkle.

On a positive note tonight I have plans to head into DC for a Restaurant Week dinner with a friend, and hopefully I will like my outfit for tonight better. I am going to attempt to incorporate these bad boys into it:

No comments:

Post a Comment