Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Back to Reality...

The overnight race to Solomon's was kind of intense for me, especially because I'm not used to super long races, but it was worth it just to see a beautiful sunrise. I haven't been up this early in AGES. We finished just as the sun was coming up....


I'm such a newbie and have a lot to learn, but the boat that I was on was so amazing and understanding. I learned a lot! Most of my duties consisted of staying out of the way to be honest.



Being on the water is absolutely one of my favorite things ever. Now that I've spend a few days closer to nature, I'm a lot more motivated to take advantage of the outdoors and also keep myself in better shape.


I had such a great time, it was truly a long weekend to remember, and I feel so lucky. Even when I was cranky and tired in the middle of the night, I would say to myself, not everyone gets to do this. Nothing of importance fashion-wise came out of this weekend. On the boat my uniform consisted of tank top, shorts, boat shoes, gloves (I have a pretty sweet [not] glove tan line), and sunglasses. I do need some sportier ones, my old Chanel sunnies gave me the worst raccoon eyes imaginable. I did wear some cute dresses to the parties, but paired them with flipflops. Sailing is pretty casual, and I like it that way!


I wish I had more action shots but it's hard to take photos while racing! And my camera zoom is definitely not good enough. The boat I sailed on, "Molto Bene" came in 4th in our class. Not too shabby I think, out of 10 boats.

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture of everyone flying spinnakers! (this is alli btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had such a great time! The pictures you do have look so amazing! I have never been on a sail boat so I don't know what to expect!


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey ! There's a skull clutch giveaway on my blog, thought you migh tlike it ;)

    www.slanellestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete