Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a great start to 2010! I always feel that New Year's Eve is always a bit overrated, but I had such a fantastic time this year in NYC, which I spent with friends! Unfortunately I was exhausted from moving that I was unable to stay up super late, but I had a great time regardless ringing in the new year in style.

So now I am all moved into New York! My sister and I drove up from Atlanta to New Jersey, spent the night at a hotel near the NJ Turnpike, and then headed into the city bright and early to move in. Unfortunately that didn't go as smoothly as planned. Of course it decided to snow, and stick, and make traveling a big pain in the you know what. What was supposed to be a one hour drive ended up taking over 3.5+ hours, since we crawled along the Turnpike, and also were stuck outside the Lincoln Tunnel in a standstill for over an hour and a half. And after a furniture moving fiasco (which was taken care of relatively easily) we are now basically settled into our new apartment!

Right now I am back in Maryland for a night, to finish packing up the last bits of my stuff and then drive back down to Atlanta, where I will be for the next few weeks. I can't wait until all of this traveling is done with and I can go back to having a regular schedule. Lack of internet and sheer exhaustion has kept me from blogging, but now I'm back! =)

Right now it is FREEZING cold and windy in Maryland. I tried to take a photo outside but was practically blown away, and I just was not going to risk catching a cold to take an outfit photo. Luckily one of my Christmas presents was a portable tripod, so I was able to find a good spot indoors with decent lighting to take this.





What I'm wearing:
anthropologie Soft-As-Feathers Sweater Dress
black H&M turtleneck
green American Apparel leggings
black Cole Haan boots
American Eagle necklace

This cozy dress is "borrowed" from my sister, but our closets are technically combined into one. =) I just happened to throw this into my bag before I left NYC. I *love* the zipper detail on the back, which is why I included a highly unflattering photo of my backside, haha. It is really cold out so I decided to layer it with a turtleneck (nice and thin) and warm leggings.

I wish I had taken photos of some of my outfits from the last few days. On NYE I sported a black H&M tunic that had gold sequins all over it, and last night to dinner I wore my anthropologie Flight of Swans dress, although I had bare legs and suffered greatly for it.

I am really not sure what my New Year's Resolutions are going to be this year. I want to think carefully on it and make a true attempt at following it this year. We shall see!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move! How exciting it must be to live in NY now. Please post pictures of the new place! I been obsessed w/ exposed zippers lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. exciting! living in ny! cute dress btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your move and hope things get better with all your traveling! Love the dress and necklace! :) - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the way you styled the dress!! happy new year =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress looks great! I really like how you layered it :) You look cozy and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the move (I love NYC and can't wait to move back) and Happy New Year! I need to get some thin long sleeve layering tees--awhile ago I gave away all my tight-fitting t-shirts (ah 90s style) completely forgetting that I could have worn them under sweaters and dresses in the winter. Oops!

    ReplyDelete