What I'm wearing:
J.Crew Metallic Polka Dot cardigan
Forever 21 Tiered ruffle top
J.Crew Toothpick Ankle cords in Soft Ochre
Frye Lisa T-straps in Black
Forever 21 chain necklace
I just calculated that in 8 days, I drove over 40+ hours. That is an insane amount of driving! Luckily I had a few audiobooks to entertain me, which was very effective. I love audiobooks for long drives because they force you to pay attention to the story, and are just as entertaining as reading them or watching a TV show. I am finally back in Atlanta, relaxing at my parents' house for the next couple of weeks.
The good thing about being at my parents' house is that there is never a shortage of clothing. I had put on these cords (which I am obsessed with and really just need to stop wearing them all the time) and the grey tiered top, but couldn't really find a cardigan from the suitcase of clothes that I packed for this visit. A quick trip into my mother's walk in closet revealed this gem, which I had purchased a few years back for myself but after wearing a few times decided to retire it from my rotation. Voila! What's old is new again. I also "borrowed" this awesome necklace from my baby sister (*muhaha* cue evil laugh). What's great about a family full of girls is that we can all share and get things that are "new to us".
I love this cardigan because the polka dots are silver metallic! I am like a magpie, I love all things shiny. And ruffly. This Forever 21 tank was purchased during my intense, "I want all things that are tiered and ruffly"-phase. It may or may not still be going on today.
It is *freezing* in Atlanta!!!! I checked the weather and the high for today is the same as the high for New York City. I thought the south was supposed to be warmer? I did manage to go shopping today for some winter coats, and picked up two very warm ones on sale at Bloomingdale's to wear while in New York, but I may also have to whip them out here in Atlanta.
This is about five days too late but here are my 2010 New Year's Resolutions:
- Be healthier. This encompasses exercise, diet, and mental well-being. I am going to attempt to get into a regular pattern of exercise, eat healthier and avoid falling into the trap of easy access to guilty pleasure food delivery, and also to avoid unnecessary stress over things that are out of my control.
- Be less wasteful. I will try to recycle more, say no to plastic bags at the store, and avoid buying items I don't need.
- Carefully consider future fashion purchases. This one definitely ties into the one above, but I felt that it deserved it's own bullet point. I need to avoid shopping with sale goggles, and need to squelch the feeling of needing more and more.
- Put more love into this blog. I am so happy that I started "Love at First Shop" in early 2009, as it has brought me so much, mostly in thanks to the kind comments and emails from readers. I will try to take better photos, post more regularly, and try to think of some new content for this blog.
- Try to find my life calling. Easier said than done. I feel like after college I have been extremely uninspired. This year I will make a serious attempt at finding out more about myself and what I can see myself doing in 5, 10 years.
I know that those are some lofty goals, but I have faith in myself to try to carry them out to the best of my ability. I wish everyone luck in their resolutions as well.
Hopefully this is the start of my regular posting again. I have been really behind in reading my favorite blogs, I have a lot of catching up to do!