Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fire Burning on the Dance Floor


What I'm wearing:
black J.Crew ruffle neck knit dress
beaded anthropologie belt
green suede Balengiaca heels
burnt orange Rebecca Minkoff Morning After Clutch
misc. bangles

The title of this entry is just referencing that Sean Kingston song that keeps running through my head.... and I have run out of creative juices at the moment. I need to go buy that song on itunes, I have just been listening to it in the morning on youtube as I get ready, it helps me get moving!

I am a sucker for knit dresses so I love this dress! I love the slightly ruffle detail along the collar. I paired it with a beaded stretchy belt from anthropologie, it actually has a wooden buckle/clasp, but I just moved it to the back.

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! I was pretty busy this past week, both work & play. It was Annapolis Race Week this weekend, and I was lucky enough to race on Monday! Not sure where we ended up in the standings, but the boat I raced on got a 5th and a 1st (!!!) out of two races on the last day. I feel so lucky I got to go out! This weekend was also amazing because I got to eat sushi a few times! <3 Sushi always makes everything better.


4 comments:

  1. wow! love this. love how you accessorized. that belt is so cool and i love your bag and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to sail but I always love watching the races! I haven't been to Annapolis in a year I think and it's such pretty town, you're making me miss it! Luck you that you get to race! And I love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great accessories! the dress is really cute too, i always shop at jcrew for my basics.. their things are made very well!

    http://www.rocknrollgypsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this outfit is perfect and I am in love w/those shoes! Where on earth did you find them?

    ReplyDelete