Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back to Summer?

This is the final outfit I came up with today.


What I'm wearing:
Gojane striped top dress
navy J.Crew ruffle cardigan
thrifted turtle belt
Forever 21 beaded necklace
Aerosoles lace up wedges
Michael Kors watch

Mother Earth is a funny lady. She gave us a hint of cool fall weather and now it's back to hot summer days! So I decided that this very summery dress should get a last hurrah. At first I wasn't sure how to style this dress. I removed the green cotton sash that came with the dress. I added my navy ruffle cardigan and yellow Anthropologie Stormy Seas necklace.


But I didn't really love it. Something was off. I felt that this dress needed a belt. So I added one of my favorites, a vintage turtle belt, but the red clashed with the yellow necklace. So I decided to go with a red beaded necklace. A little too matchy-matchy for me, but the dress is so colorful I decided it was okay.


Not sure what this photo is. You can see how crazy my hair gets.

So the first photo of this post is the finished product. I am pleased with it. The bright green part of this dress makes me smile. I am going to go enjoy this beautiful day out. Need to run some errands first, but will probably end up downtown somewhere reading a book outside. =)

2 comments:

  1. At first glance this dress is just seen as a fun summer piece but with those accessories and cardigan I can now see how to wear it in the cooler months. I really enjoyed this post. I often want to post about my outfit transformations but never seem to have the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress. The hint of red at the waist is wonderful, and I love the red beaded necklace you paired with it. Ive been experiencing the same weather change - its frustrating, lol.

    Hugs,

    Bug
    http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete