Monday, December 7, 2009

Black Tie Optional



What I'm wearing:
J.Crew tuxedo ruffle front cardigan (not it's official name, but I copied that from Kim)
anthropologie Twilit skirt
purple Hue tights
black Taryn Rose pumps

I love sparkles! I love that this herringbone tweed skirt has metallic threads woven through it, and I also adore the ruffles on the pockets. Is this too many ruffles in this outfit? AHA! Trick question, there is no such thing as too many ruffles. I also wonder if the skirt is called the "Twilit" skirt because it is sparkley, and also.... vampires sparkle? (And I am sad I have still not seen "New Moon" yet! Just haven't had a chance. I know I am missing out on epic Jacob hotness.)

I am off today and desperately need to work on some studying, but what I really want to do is some Christmas shopping! (For others of course.)

11 comments:

  1. Clearly the answer is never too many ruffles... This outfit is just perfect. Prim but still fun, and the fit of the skirt is just amazing.

    http://alltumbledown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome Rosa, and thanks for the blog love :-)
    Not too many ruffles at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NICE outfit, love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the ruffled cardi! It's PERFECT! :)


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh! you are lookin sharp! :) love all the girly details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit. LOVE! I think this may be my first J.Crew lemming for this season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *heart* that cardigan Rosa :) Your outfit in general is so cute! The wine tights were a great choice I think.

    Also, yes, there is no such thing as too many ruffles, and yes, you have to see New Moon if you haven't! Not that it is a cinematic masterpiece by any means (I am laughing thinking about it), but damn, Jacob is hot. I mean, I kind of hated his character in the book, but even I couldn't help staring at the screen in awe at some parts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. " I also wonder if the skirt is called the "Twilit" skirt because it is sparkley, and also.... vampires sparkle?"

    LOL!!!!!!!

    I love your outfit, I wanted that cardi yesterday when I was at J. Crew, but ended up leaving with 2 boring ol' Jackies instead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria-there is nothing boring about Jackies!!! They are classic and I absolutely love them over everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a pretty professional look. I tried on that skirt this weekend, but it was either too big or small in the sizes they had left. Love the purple tights too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL I wondered the same thing about the skirt. I passed by that cardigan over the weekend but now thanks to you it's on my must list. Very cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete