Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Day!!!!!!

Ok I am sure if you are anywhere close to the Northeast you have heard about this blizzard!!!! I haven't experienced snow like this in years! Snow that doesn't melt right away and actually piles up over a foot and causes major traffic issues. I worked late last night, and it already started sticking by the time I made it home around midnight (I drove very, very carefully in my Honda sedan).

Woke up this morning to a TON of snow. I was nervous about making it to work on time. But I get ready, put on my snow boots and get a ride to work from the bf in a car with 4WD, which was a lifesaver. On our way to the mall, we saw several stranded cars. Even though snowplows were working hard, the snow was still coming down hard and piling up, making the roads especially treacherous. Made it to the mall safely, only to discover that the store is closing for the day. I felt like a little kid that found out that school was closed, and was relieved to be able to go back home before the roads got even worse.

As I type this right now the snow is still coming down hard!!! But I feel much better about it now, sitting by the fire and sipping on some hot tea, catching up on some shows on the DVR (can't wait to watch Elf later tonight!). I actually was wearing a cute festive outfit today, but literally came home and changed into the coziest sweater I have (it's a bit wrinkly but who cares? I am not leaving the house!) and took the snow boots off my feet and slipped on some soft slippers.



View from the front door (this is where I took my outfit photo just yesterday):


So glad I snagged these Sorel Caribou boots on Endless.com during their Black Friday sale. I wasn't sure if I'd get any use out of them, but I am definitely happy I got them today! They are super warm, comfortable, and kept my feet dry in the deep snow! They make my feet look a bit big but I don't think they are that ugly.



Well I hope everyone that is being hit by this blizzard is staying warm! I'm definitely trying to!

10 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful, and love the boots, but ACK MY FLIGHT!!!!!!!!! I am supposed to have surgery on Monday... scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too cute! I wished it snowed here so I can snuggle up with a hot drink and a warm, chunky sweater. Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The fair isle is absolutely adorable! I live in MD as well and we've got close to 2 ft right now! Out of curiosity, which Martin + Osa do you work at? Wouldn't happen to be Columbia or Towson would it? Those are the two that I frequent quite often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, I can't fathom that much snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs.LifeAccounts-
    I actually work at the Annapolis store!

    Allie-
    you have no idea how much I wish that I was where you are right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria-
    I hope you make it safely and good luck with your surgery

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love snow days. :) you look so cozy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit for a day like that--and yay, I'm glad the Sorels worked! I haven't worn mine yet...and now I'm thinking those slate blue ones look a lot cuter... hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that sweater and those boots! Glad you were able to drive around safely.:) - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

    ReplyDelete