Monday, December 7, 2009

Fanciful Party Frocks!

It's that time of year! Full of holiday get-togethers, office parties, and Christmas celebrations. I took advantage of anthropologie's sale and free shipping to try out a few dresses! I love any excuse to wear a fancy dress, which usually makes me extremely overdressed wherever I go. I also hoard dresses as if they are going to go out of style!! Here are some in real life photos that I braved the chilly air to take, since my indoor photos always suck. I've taken photos with just the dresses, and then how I would loosely style them. I probably would pair them all with tights and jewelry as well.

Flight of Swans Dress

I think this is my favorite out of them all! It fits wonderfully, and of course I adore the pockets. I hate birds, but I don't mind this swan motif at all.


I paired this dress with a tuxedo-style blazer. I love this combination because it reminds me of the look you would have if you were cold and had to borrow your date's blazer!


Love the colors of this dress. Unfortunately the silk is so thin and floaty that I don't think it's weather appropriate for the current season. I will save this in my closet for warmer months!


Paired with a lighweight Ann Taylor LOFT cardigan. Perfect for a garden party.


Even though I usually don't go for strapless dresses, I love the golden shimmer on this dress and the tiered layers. I would probably never wear this on it's own, but with a cardigan or jacket of some sort over it.


Paired with a Target Mossimo knit cardigan that hangs open a bit away from the front. I feel like another alternative would be a more flowy drape cardigan, belted, worn with tights and black boots, to dress it down a bit.

Thanks for looking! I do think my go-to dress will be the Flight of Swans dress. I love all the details of this great dress.

14 comments:

  1. i realllly love that 3rd dress on you! the color is so nice and rich, and the fit is just right. also, i'm a sucker for sweetheart necklines. looks like you have your holiday wear all squared away! ~joelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great dresses! I love the swan one! my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all these pretty dresses!!! Let me have one please??? ;) I love the golden dress the best! But with the cold weather and all...I agree you'd have to wear something over it.. which is a shame to hide a little of it because it's so pretty!

    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wished these dresses looked half as good on me as they do on you! Ugh... I really wanted them to.

    Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *dress lemmings ignite*

    Love these dresses, especially the swan dress and golden lights dress. You are going to be the belle of the ball at your holiday parties this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Swans dress and the Cascading Foliage dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love every dress on you! Especially the flight of swans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am so jealous of your m+o/anthropologie heavy wardrobe! drooling over here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that first dress fits you perfectly..
    love all the patterns/colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm jealous too! All the dresses look great on you. My favorite is the Swans dress too. I don't have any fancy holiday parties this year but I am trying to convince my husband to go out for a dressed up fancypants dinner when we get back from holiday travel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love flights of swans on you, it complements you really well. Love all the other dresses as well, and totally feel you on holding on to dresses FOREVER!! They're the easiest thing to just put on and go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, those dresses are lovely on you Rosa! They seriously all look spectacular. I ordered the Flight of Swans and the Cascading Folliage last week (although they still haven't reached me because Anthro always uses dumb UPS for my large orders and that usually takes over a week), and now I'm seriously regretting not getting the Golden Light dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh I can't wait for my swan dress to come!!!

    I especially like the Golden Light dress on you- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh I love the Flight of Swans dress on you, Rosa! Oh, this makes me miss my discount.

    ReplyDelete