Thursday, December 17, 2009

Polka Dotted




What I'm wearing:
Marc Jacobs Polka Dot Denim jacket
anthropologie top (from last fall)
J.Crew Toothpick Ankle Cord in Warm Maple
green suede Balenciaga Bow heels
necklace from Nashville boutique, Pangaea

Closer look:


I have a love/hate relationship with polka dots. Sometimes I LOVE them, other times they make me say 'meh'. But this MbMJ jacket makes me feel whimsical with it's polka dot denim and it's military inspired design. Scored this at NM Last Call years ago and it spent a good deal of time in the closet before I finally wore it, usually with very basic items. Now that I'm in the more adventurous mood clothing-wise, I decided to pair it with a few different colors! Kind of random, but I think it works. (Oh and the Warm Maple color of these cords are $19.99!!)

I adore these, especially because they have a bow (big shocker there) and because I love the shape of the heel, the green color, the scalloped back, I could go on and on.... the only con is that the left one pinches my pinky toe a bit. But beauty is pain right?





I can't believe it's a week until Christmas Eve! Crazy! 2009 has gone by soooo fast.

7 comments:

  1. Rosa, I love those shoes. The color combination is very earthy, and rich--you not only look cool and comfortable, but adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drooling over those shoes Rosa, they are so special!! And like I've confessed before, love the JCrew toothpick cords!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I just might need those toothpick cords! Marc Jacobs makes such wonderful things, and BALENCIAGA oh my word!!! I like your adventurousness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the shoes are adorable! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice jacket! From the first shot, I thought it was a lady-like cardigan, but I love the military details of it. Love the color combination! - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosa, I am so deeply in love with your shoes I can't tell you! They are true beauties. Forest green + bows + heels + Balenciaga is a recipe for perfection in my mind. And your MBMJ jacket is cool too! I like how the buttons accent the polka dots on either side. But besides just the individual pieces, I admire how you put this outfit together -- the color and pattern combinations are really unexpected, but they end up harmonizing really well into this nice comforting fall feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving J. Crew's toothpick ankle cords this year too! I think we have the same colors, haha. They broke me into wearing pants again.

    ReplyDelete