Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday Tea







My sorority alumnae group had their annual Holiday Tea today! I braved the wintry mix to enjoy tea, sandwiches, macaroons, and other sweets at a lovely hotel in Foggy Bottom. I really wanted to wear my new anthropologie dress, but decided that with the snow it would be best to pair it with my black flat riding boots. Also instead of my usual cardigan topper, I decided to go with the black jersey blazer, which I love! I am not a blazer person at all, but the M+O velvet blazer and this one has definitely changed my mind. This blazer has a great slim cut and it's super comfortable to wear. Almost like wearing a sweatshirt  What happened when I put on the blazer over the dress, I didn't really like the way it looked. You also couldn't see the gorgeous lace detail on the back! So I decided to wear the dress backwards. I decided it wasn't too obvious, and the blazer hid the pockets that were now on the back. I definitely adore this dress, although next time I will probably pair it with my vintage kissing mice belt and a pair of black pumps.
What I'm wearing:
anthropologie Recollections dress
anthropologie Flipside Blazer
black Hue tights
black Corso Como for M+O boots



The normal front of the dress:



(Sorry again for the horrible indoor photos. It was rain/slushing when I left for the tea so I couldn't take a better photograph. Also hate that I had to use the flash for the photo with the blazer on, but that was the only way to really show the detail.)

9 comments:

  1. I love the idea of wearing something backwards to highlight what you want. :) I love jersey and knit blazers—I feel like structured blazers make my shoulders look bigger than they already are, but the softer ones are comfy and flattering for me. I was just thinking about High Tea the other day—I went once in London with my old roommate. It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great outfit! I love the dress with the blazer instead of a cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rosa, great idea! i remember rachel bilson doing the same. you both inspire me. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just too cute with your clever styling ideas! I love love love all your outfits and how you put colors together--you have a really great eye! I recently purchased the Elodie lily cardi from anthro and I've seen it styled by Roxy over at effortless anthropologie but I would love to know how you would style this piece. I would love any ideas! Thanks Rosa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Love this dress... backwards and forwards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome job flipping that dress around! it looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress on you!! looks awesome with the riding boots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow... great idea! I just bought this dress, and though I love it, I've been struggling to find different ways to wear it. How creative to wear it backwards!

    ReplyDelete