Monday, February 15, 2010

I Like Shiny Things



What I'm wearing:
H&M Sequin Tunic Dress
Black Hue Tights
Deena & Ozzy Peep Toe Mesh Heel from Urban Outfitters

This is actually a photo taken on Friday night, I wore this fun shiny number to Buddakan for dinner with my sister. It was a good time, the decor and atmosphere there is fantastic and the Edamame Dumplings, Lobster Fried Rice, and Crying Chocolate are to die for! I've been indulging in delicious eating this entire weekend, I can't turn down a cupcake! I promised myself to eat a lot cleaner after the holiday weekend is over.

With the sequins as decoration i decided that simple was best with this dress. I wore this on New Year's Eve, and even though it is a bit too festive I really wanted to wear it again. I got an Egyptian sort of vibe from the pattern, and I love how black and gold look togther (those are my alma mater's colors.) I had to pair this with these mesh heels that are so comfortable (and on sale on the site!) even though I definitely froze my little toes off while walking outside. The heels isn't that high, and it's chunky enough to almost feel like I'm not wearing heels at all. I can't wait to wear these without tights when it finally gets warmer.


14 comments:

  1. That dress looks fabulous on you, Rosa. For some reason that look makes me think of the glam 70's and clubbing to the wee hours of the morning at Studio 54 (this is all in my head of course - I don't really know much about the 70's.) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that dress on you! It reminds me of some of the sequin tunics lots of the designers (like Alice and Olivia) have been coming out with.
    Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was overly-indulgent this weekend too - you've got to have treats on V-day ;)

    I'm sorry to ask again, but I thought maybe you didn't see my comment on your other posting - would you mind sharing how tall you are? I've caved to a few things after seeing how cute they are on you - and I'm trying to figure out how the length will be for me. I'm guessing you are quite a few inches taller (I am only 5ft!) I found a BIN on the Flight-of-Swans dress and I can't wait for it to arrive!

    Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan,
    Sorry I must have missed it! I am 5'4-5'5-ish, not exactly sure how tall I am, but I do have a longer torso and shorter legs. hth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Rosa - that does help! I think you look even taller in your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a hot tunic dress! Do you know (or does anyone know) if it's still available at H&M?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in LOVE with that tunic. NO really I am. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that tunic! I, too, like shiny things although i'm not as brave when it comes to wearing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous, I saw it at an H&M in NYC this past friday, so it's definitely still in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey Rosa, which H&M did you see it at?

    ReplyDelete
  11. anonymous,
    i saw the tunic at the H&M at 86th and Lex, when you walk in it was on the right side near the front entrance (if it's still there)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this at H+M last week and thought it was really pretty. Glad you got it--looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete