Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Winter Lace



What I'm wearing:
Forever 21 Vintage Tribute Woven Top (similar here)
Old Navy Tank
anthropologie Fulmar Sweater Skirt
H&M Tights
Frye Dorado Slouch Boots (similar here)

I love that this lace top has a lovely romantic quality to it, the pale lace, the flowy sleeves, the floral design within the lace. I picked up this top from Forever 21 when I was still in Atlanta, but I had no idea what to pair it with. I do enjoy the juxtaposition of the lace with the sweater skirt, which is adorned with birds. 


I have a few items on their way to me, but besides that I am really trying to cut down on my shopping. It's always fun to have new stuff but I know without a doubt that I just have too many material possessions. I am pleased that today I paired a new top with a skirt from 2008 and boots from 2007. I have tried unsuccesfully before but am now avowing on the platform that is my blog that I will make a strong effort to try and stop buying items that I don't need, and only purchase items that will enhance what I already have in my closet. It sounds more real if I post it here than just telling it to myself in my head. =)

23 comments:

  1. super cute outfit today! love the top w/ the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosa--This is one of my favorite outfits ever! I love that Lace Top from F21. I want to copy this outfit oh so badly! Do you remember what it's called/how much it was/how long ago you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tien,
    I bought this back in december, but I just did a quick search on F21.com and found the link for the top! I just updated my post. hth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this may be my favourite outfit on you ever! That lace top is amazing, and I think I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So darling! You look very attuned to the world today. I hear you on the topic of cutting down shopping. I find myself with many lemming cravings from all the fab blogs around. I like your attitude -- not completely denying yourself from buying new things, just looking for pieces that complement what you already have. I have adopted a similar path (not always successfully though).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the top is gorgeous! I love the lace and the angel sleeves. It's so romantic! And from F21?! That's incredible! I need to curb my shopping too. Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lace top paired with your pretty anthro skirt. Beautiful look!

    - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so romantic, Rosa! I love the lace with the knit skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You found a perfect match for that top! I would have only thought to pair it with jeans. :) Cutting down on shopping is hard, but I know what you mean. On the plus side, you have your newly sister-enhanced wardrobe, which is probably a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought yesterday's outfit was my favorite on you, ever, but I take that back; this is. This is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looove the outfit! so pretty.

    i have cut back from shopping so much (i actually live vicariously through all of my fav bloggers: you, roxy, tien, chloe, etc. i don't know you girls personally, but i SHOP THROUGH YOU!) that i now find it hard to pull the trigger on anything. i feel like scrooge mcduck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this top a while ago and loved it and when I went to place a F21 order yesterday it was sold out in my size :( Maybe my store will have it because it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this outfit rosa! You look awesome, and I may just have to try to copy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rosa, what is the watch you're wearing in this outfit?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This outfit is beautiful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tara, it's a watch from Michael Kors, you can see it here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is sweet and dreamy and just what you needed on a gross day like today. i also went with pastels, it is just so ugly out in ny that i needed to bring some prettiness to the world!
    alltumbledown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I debated about the lacey top and ended up not buying it... now you're making me regret it!!


    ps. would love it if you checked out my new blog!!!
    http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. that top is gorgeous!
    such a great romantic-type outfit!

    ReplyDelete