Friday, February 19, 2010

The Road Not Taken




What I'm wearing:
Martin + Osa High Button Cardigan in Klimt Gold (avail. in other colors here)
J.Crew Watercolor Floral Dress
Hue Cable Knit Sweater Tights
Seychelles "Tall Tale" Cut Out Wedges
vintage Kissing Mice belt

This outfit came about as a result of me painting my nails OPI's Absolutely Alice shade. This sparkly blue color is definitely a standout, but I was having a hard time finding something to wear that wouldn't clash terribly with it. Normally I don't care if my nail polish matches my clothes or not, but this color is so vibrant that I figured I'd have to take it into consideration. So I peered into my closet and saw this J.Crew watercolor dress that I bought for a great deal secondhand, and decided that the blues went together nicely.




You can also see my awesome cable knit tights I scored on sale at Madewell for $6!

Here is a better look at the Seychelles wedges, I think the cut out is very cool, and I love the neutral taupe color.
* * * * *

Review: anthropologie Two Paths Trench



I'm sure that I wasn't the only one to notice Robin's amazing ruffled trench on How I Met Your Mother (I love that show!!). Unfortunately the original coat is Burberry with a very high price tag ($1600 to be exact). When I spotted this anthropologie Two Paths Trench by idra that was posted by Anjali on goldenmeans I knew that I had to have it. 


Anthropologie at ShopStyle


Please excuse the silly poses! I was just trying to photograph the trench to the best of my ability.


It is obviously not an exact copy, the belt is not a working belt and the tiers lay more flat than in the original. I still feel like this anthropologie trench has a very similar look to the Burberry. I love the material of the trench, it is a medium weight and has a slightly silky feeling to it. Sizing wise I took the same size as the anthropologie Inverness Trench, so I feel like it may run a bit big. The arms are a little long on me but most coats are, I wish that this came in petite but it doesn't. For reference I am wearing a size 2 in this trench.


Also love the bright green printed lining on the inside, it's funny how a little thing like colorful lining can make me like an item more. 



There are pockets and there are small snaps on the inside so that they will lay flat better. Another feature that I love is the tie that is reinforced so that it won't move around. This keeps you from being able to remove the waist tie, but I don't think I would ever want to wear the trench without it. 

What I don't love about the trench are the buttons. They feel a little too plastic-y and cheap to me. But otherwise I am very pleased with the construction of the trench and feel like this fulfills my longing for the now sold out Burberry trench. 

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!! 

27 comments:

  1. lovely coat!
    and super-cute belt! ^^
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous today, Rosa. The dress is fantastic and I love that nail polish! How do you do your own nails without sloshing polish all over the place?
    I really like the trench too - but not sure if I like the trench or just like how you look wearing the trench. I'm forever on the lookout for the perfect trench as I'm a shorty - I may have to give that a swing. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat reminds me of the Caranday dress, with the tiers. (I think thats the right one). Very pretty!
    I like the matching of the nail polish to the dress. Super cute!
    And I *love* those wedges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the color palette of your dress and that sweater -- I have a similar-colored dress so I might have to try it one day! I think the coat looks so much like the one you admired -- very gorgeous!

    - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much to love in this post, Rosa! First off, I love the nailcolor and the matching dress. And I am still loving your haircut!! Also, that trench is mighty pretty, and if I try on the Shoofly Trench and it doesn't work I will be all over the Two Paths trench!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so lovely on you. :) And I think a great lining will always make me like something more! I have a Leifsdottir skirt whose beautiful lining was a huge selling point, and unlike the trench nobody is going to see the lining of the skirt.

    If you don't like the buttons, it's an easy fix with new ones from the fabric store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite looks on you! Love that trench too.

    flnw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. GASP! You got the trench! I've been coveting it since I saw Anjali's post on it too! It looks beautiful on you! Thanks for doing the review, it helps a lot. The lining inside a jacket/coat definitely makes me like things more too, haha! That's why I love my J.Crew coats so much - the outside AND the lining is beautiful!

    Also, the nail polish color is WOW. I know what you mean about a nail polish color that's so bold that it demands to be matched to your outfits. That blue is definitely one such color, but you did a great job pairing it with the J.Crew dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off, I love your outfit. I love how how vivid the blue looks against the green gold. So beautiful!

    Second, I was considering that coat, but wanted to wait for a sale. Now, I want it. I want it so bad. I don't think I can wait for a sale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfit! that Klimt gold color is fab...love that you paired it with that aqua/turquoise dress too....such a beautiful color combination. and oh my i think I need that trench....is it actually water repellent at all? i've been wanting a trench forever....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfit Rosa! And I love your nail polish (addicted to glitter over here). And of course I LOVE the Two Paths Trench on you! It looks just fantastic. I'm so happy to finally see some IRL pictures on someone, and now I think I neeeeed to take the plunge and get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the combination of colors in this outfit. And those shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ridiculous trench, so amazingly versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you saw something on TV, found out it was too expensive and then found something you can actually buy! Muy Bien! I'm falling over myself, I love that shade in nails. Gotta stake that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gasp! I love the trench on you, Rosa! And today's outfit with the bright blue and olive is an awesome combination. I recently bought Absolutely Alice too and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your outfit, that dress is amazing! And that trench is great as well, so feminine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE your nail polish! you always pick interesting colors! i'm always stuck on natural pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely love this outfit. The colours right down to the polish are gorgeous.

    That trench is just amazing. AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  19. my favorite is the cardigan. also, i very much appreciate your nail polish pictures. nice detail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love everything about this outfit. The color combo of the cardigan and the dress is wonderfully unexpected and that trench is so incredibly flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been wanting this trench since seeing it on Anjali's blog. When Tien reviewed it, I knew it was in the SF store. I live in Palo Alto but since no other Anthro closer to me had it, I had my husband drive me to SF with the 2 kids in tow (CRAZY!). I love it on you and Tien, but I fear it doesn't look that great on me. I'm 5'2" and got the size 2 too. You can't wear anything bulky underneath and I feel wide at the bottom. What size do you normally wear in Anthro?

    ReplyDelete
  22. This color combo is absolutely stunning!!! I just wanted you to know that I made you my "outfit of the week" on my blog. I of course added a link back to your blog :) . I was looking around for your name (sorry I don't know it, I just recently discovered your blog) and I saw that your weardrobe account is called Rosa An. If that is not the proper name, please let me know at thejoyoffashion@hotmail.com so that I can fix it right away! Congrats on having such a beautiful style!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look amazing.. great blog and great style. :)

    xx Love & Aloha.

    ReplyDelete
  24. anonymous,
    i am usually a small/4 in anthropologie clothes. i don't think i can layer a ton under the trench either, but i won't be wearing it in winter so i don't think it will really be a problem. i'm sure you don't look wide it in at all!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this outfit! The colors are fantastic together, and that belt is adorable. I'm so glad to have found your blog! You have such great style!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the way you put colors together! Your nails look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your Seychelles wedges are TO DIE FOR. I have been looking for shoes in that color. Do you know the style name? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete