Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tiers Upon Tiers






What I'm wearing:
J.Crew Tuxedo Ruffle Cardigan
Forever 21 Flying Swallowtail Top
anthropologie Ushered Waves Skirt
Vintage reversible belt
Black Hue Tights
Deena & Ozzy Cut Out Boot from Urban Outfitters

As I was catching up on watching How I Met Your Mother episodes last night, I spotted Robin wearing this cardigan (or something very similar). It reminded me that I had this cardigan that I really like that I have not really given a second glance lately. On the show she paired it with a simple black top, but I decided that it would be fun to pair with this flowy bird printed top from Forever 21. It has these diagonal tiers, which you can't see you well in my photos but in the stock photos online it is a bit more evident. I wasn't sure what to pair with it on the bottom, I thought a pair of wide leg trousers would look great, but I don't own any! I really like the purple color with the black & white, and for a second I thought it was too much, but I decided there is no such thing as too many ruffles or tiers.




Love these cut out boots, they were only $20 in store! 

Really excited today because my other sister is coming to visit! =) We have some fun stuff planned for her, lots of yummy eating and shopping.

On a sadder note, Alexander McQueen has died. I think Anna Wintour put it best:
"We are devastated to learn of the death of Alexander McQueen, one of the greatest talents of his generation. He brought a uniquely British sense of daring and aesthetic fearlessness to the global stage of fashion. In such a short career, Alexander McQueen’s influence was astonishing - from street style, to music culture and the world’s museums. His passing marks an insurmountable loss."

10 comments:

  1. I have to have that F21 blouse! Too bad they only have a medium on site. Maybe I will make a special trip today.

    I love how you paired the ruffles and the tuxedo sweater with it. I want to copy all of it!

    I'm saddened by Alexander McQueen's death. I can't afford his pieces, but they still wowed me. Sometimes I watch th eMary J. Blige AT&T commercial just so I can see the McQueen sweater she wears at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is by far my favorite of your outfits! It is so femenine and fashionable! I LOVE IT! I read your blog every day, but this is my first time commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I was watching HIMYM last week and I noticed that too! I am pretty positive it is the same one :) I ordered it on eBay last week so maybe I will put together an outfit with it soon too. Your color combos here are pretty perfect though.

    So saddened about McQueen :/ Thank you for the Anna Wintour quotation, I hadn't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit Rosa, specifically because of the ruffles and tiers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that skirt and blouse on your, Rosa. The booties help make the look edgier. You always know how to put interesting pieces together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this outfit - especially the blouse. Am also really sad about McQueen.

    flnw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The skirt is beautiful! I didn't even know it came in that lovely purple color! Or am I thinking of a J.Crew skirt? I have no idea... anyway, I love it with the cut-out boots. Those are super funky!

    RIP, Mr. McQueen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit. The shirt and the skirt are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this adorable look! The purple skirt is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with this outfit. I love every detail right down to the birds, ruffles and colour combination.

    ReplyDelete