Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When You Say Nothing At All





What I'm wearing:
*anthropologie Elodie Lily Cardigan (not quite the same but similar look here)
*Velvet Knit Tank Dress from anthropologie (similar look here)
*Black aerie Leggings
*Target Katherine Engineer Boots (inspired by the original here)
*Forever 21 Elastic Braided Belt in Purple (similar here)
*Martin + Osa Gunmetal Bubbles Necklace (similar here)
*Louis Vuitton Parioli Tote in Damier

I am such a sucker for a sale it is ridiculous, especially at anthropologie. I snagged this cardigan for $30 when it was marked down. I loved it full price but didn't want to pay $128 for it. Almost $100 off isn't shabby. I love the print of this cardigan, the adorable clear buttons, and the slight metallic touches to it. I tried to capture it on my camera but wasn't too successful. This dress I purchased at anthropologie when I was working there part-time in Fall of 2008, and I have seriously gotten so much wear out of it. It is by the brand Velvet, and I love the versatile simple shape, it can work year round because it is a slightly heavier jersey that can be layered with for the colder months. And of course I am wearing my new Target boots! They need to be broken in a bit but they seem pretty comfortable. I like that they add a bit of toughness to a very feminine outfit, keeps it from being too saccharine.

Detail of cardigan.

One of my favorite necklaces ever!

I love the rich purple of this woven belt.

Here's another one of my anthropologie sale bargains! The Horizon Line Dress sold out online but I was lucky enough to have a friend snag it for me on sale for 50% off.


You can't tell very well in this photo, but the top portion of the dress is a lovely pinky peach shade. I adore the scalloped hem of this dress, I have a thing for scallops (as you can see in the outfit post from Monday). I paired the dress with my Miu Miu Naplack Patch Pumps in Nudo.

So I probably sound like a broken record but snow again? I am not a fan.

27 comments:

  1. lol you and goldenmeans had very similar ideas this morning ;) see the link

    http://goldenmeans.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/squinting-at-the-sun/

    Love the look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got the Elodie Lily cardi at the $30 sale price! I liked it at full price, but I love it at the sale price. Both you and Anjali are pairing this cardi with a navy/gray dress, and I think I am going to do the same.

    The HL dress looks fantastic on you. I love the shoes you are wearing with the dress. You're all ready for the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meli22,
    I saw her wear it on her blog this morning which inspired me to finally wear it today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loooove that cardigan! It looks so gorgeous! And belting it with that purple wide belt is genius. I like! The scalloped dress is gorgeous as well. I like how it's two-toned, which gives it a lot more visual interest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cardigan is fantastic! The color and pattern are wonderful, and I love how you cinched it with that awesome wide belt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm literally smiling right now seeing us both having matching Elodie posts today, too cute :) And I *have* that Velvet dress! I actually bought it at Neiman Marcus Last Call last year and it is pretty basic and plain but soooo versatile and comfy, truly one of the staple pieces in my wardrobe.

    Only *wish* had your awesome Miu Miu pumps though. And you looking *smoking* in the Horizon Line dress. It did NOT look anywhere near as good on me. You have great shoulders!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you added the belt with the first look.

    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing in the Horizon Line Dress...just out of curiousity...what size did you take in that dress? I think you are 5'4" like i am, if i remember correctly-at any rate you are inspiring me to pull the tags of my Horizon Line dress and get it into rotation...i've been hesitating to wear it due to the rain and the fact that i think maybe it's a bit too dressy for work...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Horizons Line Dress, how I loath missing out on you ... and not trying hard enough to find you ...

    You look great in both outfits, Rosa, but I think you do look smokin' in the Horizons Line Dress with those heels - GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your outfits, but I LOVE this one. You look beautiful, dainty, stylish, and a whole bunch of other glowing adjectives!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love the scalloped dress! I should've stopped by Anthro while I was in the city yesterday. Unfortunately it was super rainy and I didn't feel like trudging around in puddles, so I feel you on the snow thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon,
    I'm 5'4" and i think the Horizon Line dress would be appropriate for work topped with either a drapey cardigan or casual blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rosa you look great in both dresses! Do you mind if I ask what size you bought the horizon line dress in? Does it run tts? I need to try and track that one down!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. anonymous, i took a 4 in this dress, which is my usual anthro size. hth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you just love the Elodie Cardi, especially at $30? That's how much I paid for mine as well, and love it even more. I'd wear it every week if I could...
    Also, the HL dress looks so fab with the heels, and can't wait to do the same when it gets warmer. Best investment ever (well, one of)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've fallen in love with the Elodie cardigan after seeing it on so many blogs. Love your ensemble here - it looks great with your dress!

    - JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look amazing in both outfits! I am so glad you got the horizon line dress- it's gorgeous on you and I can't wait to steal your styling ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love how you styled the elodie with your jersey dres! looks amazing! hmm might have to look for a jersey dress now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Horizon Line Dress is stunning on you. And I like how you did ladylike meets tough girl in your OOTD!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome to the Katherine Boots bandwagon ^^
    More importantly, I know the Horizon Line dress has been very popular among my favorite bloggers, but I've never, ever pined for it- until NOW. That dress looks like it was tailor-made to fit you- your frame, your complexion, everything! That is my favorite dress on you, ever. I look forward to seeing you create outfits around it asap! SO beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved that Velvet dress, I don't know why I didn't get one myself! So many good buys in this post, lady! And I'm dying over your Miu Mius.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely loove the hem details on the last dress. So pretty and feminine!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. you are so lucky to have gotten the cardi at just $30! I think I paid $70 for mine? well, my mother picked it up for me, so i guess i paid nothing. but it paired with that velvet dress looks very cute!

    ReplyDelete