Monday, February 1, 2010

It's Monday....




What I'm wearing:
anthropologie Here-Today-Here-Tomorrow Dress
Alpine Green J.Crew Merino Cardigan
Black H&M Tights
Steve Madden Intyce Boots in Black
Martin + Osa Gunmetal Bubbles Necklace
Mustard Pashmina from eBay

I was running late this morning on my way to my temp assignment and was unable to take any photos. And when I came home just now I was just not in the mood to take any. But I did like my outfit, even though it was ridiculously easy to put together, so you get these quick snaps!

You can see from this blog that I love colorblock and ensemble dresses (you know, where it kind of looks like a top & skirt together). I thought this one from anthro was adorable when I tried it on in store, but didn't think it was worth the full price tag. Luckily it went on sale last year around Thanksgiving and I snagged it at a great price. Since it is black on top and black/grey herringbone on the bottom, I decided to go with this bright grass green shade of a cardigan. I have this cardigan in about 5 colors. They are from a few years ago, were marked down super cheap, and I literally stalked about 4 different J.Crews until I got all of the colors I wanted. It's just a simple v-neck lightweight merino cardigan, but it seriously goes with everything. And for awhile my go to uniform was = dress + cardigan. Easiest combination to put together.

I did my nails last night for the first time in awhile, a new favorite of mine, Essie Mink Muffs! I like to think that it reminds me of that new Chanel shade, Particuliere. It's not the same obviously but close enough for me.

5 comments:

  1. Love the color of the pashmina. Your comment about the merino cardigans reminds me of the good 'ol days at J.Crew, with the extreme discounts and weekly free ship codes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! You look chic and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm the ease of dress + cardigan is really comforting, even just to look at! I envy your 5 cardis in all the colors you want! I am so far away from every retail store that it's hard for me to do stuff like that with all the icky shipping costs!

    Love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Mink Muffs! This is one of my favorite nail colors this year. I saw Particuliere in a magazine and wanted it, but it's pretty pricey for a nail polish. I am a big fan of this color combination--what a pretty green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that color combo! which seller on ebay id you get that scarf from?

    ReplyDelete