Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow Cowboy




What I'm wearing:
*anthropologie Hoodie by Alihop (similar here and here)
*Madewell Chambray Shirt (similar here and here)
*Martin + Osa Embellished Tee (similar here)
*Forever 21 Super Soft Skinny Jeans in Black Denim
*Target Katherine Engineer Boots (inspired by the original here)

When I looked out the snow and saw the fat flakes falling from the sky, I knew it was going to be a hoodie kind of day. I love this anthropologie hoodie from Fall 2008 because it's just a bit more feminine than the typical hoodie. I am all about comfort and this is one of my favorite weekend lounging around pieces. With the hoodie I layered a super soft chambray shirt that always makes me feel like a farmer. Or a cowgirl. Especially paired with the boots, I definitely feel a western vibe.

The black jeans from Forever 21 were a surprise find. My sister had originally ordered them, but they ended up being too big for her so they are now mine! (So they run big in my opinion.) They are lightweight and comfortable, and feel more like cotton pants than denim. They are the perfect length for me (on anyone taller they'd be ankle length) and a great alternative to leggings. In the warmer months I am picturing them with peep toed heels or ballet flats.



This embellished tee from Martin + Osa has been sitting neglected in my closet! I really love the detail of the shirt, the design is both woven in and beaded.


Hope everyone stays cozy on this snow day! I really need to get Savvy a carrier and a jacket. Also am meeting a friend for lunch, I'm braving the snow for pizza cones (yeah I don't know what they are either).

5 comments:

  1. Pizza cones? Do fill me in on what those are when you find out! I'm loving the layered-with-a-hoodie look. I don't wear hoodies too often out because I never know how to make it look like I didn't just roll out of bed and out the door, haha! I'll try layering it with a button-up next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of your blog & love your look (and copy you all the time)! I had to laugh because I'm wearing nearly a replica of your outfit today - same M+O graphic tee, with denim skinnies, tucked into my Target Katherine's with the J Crew Michelle cardi (black) and a hot pink scarf. Oh and a floral print J crew umbrella!

    I wish those F21 skinnies came with a higher rise - I have been on the hunt for a great pair of black skinny jeans...I might cave and get the Joe's Chelsea ponte ones from Anthro.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love people who can make casual look put-together and you definitely are one of those gals! I love the brown boots with the black skinnies - and you've got that laying thing down! (Unlike myself who often ends up looking like Staypuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great "grown up" hoodie. I like this casual look—perfect for the weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look, Rosa. Very casual luxury.

    ReplyDelete