Monday, April 12, 2010

Black is the New Black




What I'm wearing:
*Black Zara Dress (similar here)
*Blue MICHAEL Michael Kors Platform Sandals (similar here and here)
*Michael Kors Black Oversized Watch (similar here)

So, even if you have only read my blog a couple of times, you probably have noticed that I love color and prints. I know a lot of people like wearing black, but it feels so morbid to me when I wear black head to toe. Unfortunately the uniform at my new part-time position is all black, including shoes. I don't own that many all black clothes!!! Lucky for me, my sister does. This dress is out of her side of the closet. And I decided that this would indeed be the worst post in the world if I just wore this black dress with my black patent flats. So I paired it with these MMK sandals that I would wear if in an ideal world, I could wear whatever shoes I wanted. Oh, and black is so hard to photograph details of! And after seeing these photos, I decided to put in my Gum Paste earrings to add some fun, which can be seen here.


I absolutely *love* the color of these sandals. I don't think I have any shoes in this color and I was happy to find these in the bag of shoes that my sister got for me! The platform makes them surprisingly comfortable. 

I would much rather be wearing one of these great dresses with these sandals instead today:




Happy Monday! Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

16 comments:

  1. Black will also be my favorite! Especially when paired with such amazing shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute combo! what kind of work do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh indeed, that color is lovely! They add a pop to the black, nice work.

    ...I would love to see them with the yellow dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like your floral branch background. Where did you get it?

    Twila
    blog.twilasvintageclothing.com
    twilasvintageclothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those MK shoes!!! I have a pair of purple peeps toes I bought at the end of the winter I need to break out. MK does great shoes! And the blue is the perfect color to offset the black.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look classic and pretty even in all black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so lucky you can swap clothes/shoes with your sister! My sister is a size bigger than me and my mother is a size smaller, not to mention our taste in clothes/shoes is pretty different.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drooling over those shoes....so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree - those shoes are to die for! All black can be basic but at least it's easy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BLACK IS THE NEW BLACK! Love how you paired the dress with these shoes! And the Poppies dress.... GORGEOUS!!

    La Stylin Girraffe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would feel much the same way if I were confined to wearing all black at work, but I think you make it special here. Actually come to think of it, I have had jobs like that...and some girlfriends too. It gives you the opportunity to better use accessories and do your hair though. Hope your new gig is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Twila,
    the decal is from amazon here is a link!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, black may not be your favorite color, but this is a great dress, and you look so elegant! I used to wear a *lot* of black, and it is still my go-to when I need to dress up, so maybe I'm biased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So in love with the shoes! I'm not an all black person either, but sometimes I love an outfit of all black/white/grey with a pair of really bright shoes.. too cute :)

    ReplyDelete