Monday, April 26, 2010

Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk






What I'm wearing:
*anthropologie Tartan Rose Tieback in Neutral (I have a M in the other colorway for sale here)
*Martin + Osa High Button Cardigan (similar here and here)
*J Brand Skinny Crops in Ink (similar here)
*Frye Dorado Slouch Boots (similar here)
*anthropologie Two Paths Trench (similar here and here)
*Urban Outfitters Printed Scarf (similar here and here)
*Rebecca Minkoff Nikki Bag in Leaf (similar here and here)

I know it may be overkill to have both the Bold Boutonniere Dress (see it on me here) and the Tartan Rose Tieback, but I just love the flower detail in the front. I hope I get as much wear out of this top as I have of the dress.

Rainy days just make me want to stay at home and listen to relaxing music (like the song from the title of my post). Venturing outside doesn't appeal to me, but if I have to, I might as well try to look cute right? I bought the Two Paths Trench a while ago, but I haven't been able to wear it because my sister has been wearing the heck out of it! So I decided to take it back today (muhaha). I can't wait until the weather finally turns around!

 

17 comments:

  1. I love Rufus Wainwright (and this song!)- I named my pug after him!! Love this top on you- the BB dress and this top are both so neutral, I don't really think it's overkill- you can wear them both in very different ways. The styling in the first 2 pics is great, love the rich purple and cognac colors with the neutral palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your blog! that is my first visit and not the end!
    visit me in
    http://sweetsyte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh.......Two Paths look really good on you. What size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Two Paths trench on you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been a big fan of the Two Paths Trench, but man I adore it on you Rosa - it's perfection!
    Love the whole outfit -the colors work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I just love that Two Paths Trench on you! I totally want one now too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first time you posted a photo of yourself wearing the Two Paths trench, I ordered one for myself because I loved it on you so much! It really is beautiful. Thanks for giving me the push I needed to buy it. I think it's one of my favourite Anthro pieces ever!

    You were spot on about the sizing, too... it does fit exactly like the Inverness trench! I'm always a 4 and based on what you said I ordered the 2. I'm so glad that I did, it fits like a dream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty outfit! I love your boots and your green bag too. :)
    ~ Athena

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit is beautiful and so laid back! I love it for a rainy day, so so gorgeous! I've got the two paths trench as well and wish it was colder just so I could wear it again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh, you look so stunning! I think the boots really kick this outfit up from "casual cute" to really chic. And of course, the trench is just ADORABLE. I am so envious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great on the tartan rose tieback and I love how you kicked it up with the cognac boots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous (1:10p),
    The trench that I'm wearing right now is a size 0.

    Carly,
    Yay I am so glad it worked out for you?? I absolutely love it, worth the money IMO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like that trench on you as well. I tried it on and it didn't fit me right :)

    Check out my giveaway this week!

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    www.prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the trench. I would be stealing that back and forth if I lived with you too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you look fantastic in the Two Paths trench! Unfortunately for me the one that I owned wrinkled too much so I just returned it..

    The rest of your outfit is awesome as well! Like Tara said, love the combo of the purple and the cognac boots!

    ReplyDelete
  16. yikes, the trench is too too tight on you

    ReplyDelete