Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Won't Worry My Life Away...





What I'm wearing:
*H&M Striped Tee (similar here and here)
*Martin + Osa Swing Coat in Orange (similar here)
*J Brand Skinny Crops in Ink (similar here)
*MICHAEL Michael Kors Griffith Quarter in Dark Camel Vachetta (similar here)
*Forever 21 Glasses Pendant (similar here)
*Michael Kors Oversized Black Watch

This brunch outfit was completely inspired by what my friend K wore last night when we met up for drinks. She was wearing a darling yellow jacket paired with a striped tee underneath, and while I don't have a cute yellow jacket, I remembered I had this bright orange one!

<3 this necklace!

I was a little chilly in this, so I threw my huge grey cashmere scarf on over it and I was fine. Although I was wishing that my jacket had long sleeves! I have so many jackets that are 3/4 sleeves, and am not really sure of the point of them. 


This was a pretty simple outfit but I feel like the shoes definitely make the look! This pair of MMK shoes definitely remind me of a pair of Pradas that I checked out once but couldn't afford even at the sale price. These aren't my typical style, but my sister totally scored at the Michael Kors sample sale and snagged a ton of shoes for me at a great price! (Yay for being a size 6). So look forward to a bunch of new shoes in my outfits! 

P.S. I saw that the romper I wore on Tuesday is on the website now! It's called the "Safari Romper" and here it is! See it on me here.

11 comments:

  1. nice color combo, and that necklace is sooo darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh ... one of my new favorite looks on you! What a great combo, I want to steal you entire outfit and wish I could look as good in cropped skinnies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that shirt! I LOVE it...I have it in the purple/white stripe as well....so so so comfortable. Organic cotton is my new best friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some damn fabulous shoes (pardon my French!) and I love the brightness of your jacket! Excellent look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I predict that I will wear a similar look in the near future (minus sky-high heels). I love 3/4 sleeve anything because I always end up pushing up my sleeves. I guess on coats/jackets it seems a bit less practical, but I still love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha nice shopping ban you're on

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same shirt and love pairing it with a great pair of skinnies! Your look great and the shoes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wondered about the point behind 3/4 sleeve jackets myself, but I read an article in Lucky about layering and it made sense. A 3/4 sleeved jacket means not having to worry about shirt sleeves riding up when putting on additional layers, which is a pet peeve of mine.

    Love the striped tee, still on a stripes kick and looking for a tee myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The orange coat is great!! Too bad it's getting hot in Atlanta, no need for one anytime soon where I live. It is def chic though!!

    www.kellynicky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shoes are so jazzy!! I am secretly saving my pennies so I can move closer to NYC and be near such cool fashiony things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely shoes! and i adore the print on the wall -- wow!


    Unravelled Threads

    ReplyDelete