Wednesday, April 21, 2010

They Made a Statue Of Us




What I'm wearing:
*anthropologie Buds & Bunches Tee in Beige (similar here and here)
*anthropologie Flipside Blazer (similar here and here)
*H&M Bird Skirt (similar here and here)
*Forever 21 Center Heart Elastic Belt
*BCBG Gold Flat Sandals (similar here and here)
*Foley & Corinna City Tote in Aqua (similar here and here)
*Michael Kors Black Oversized Watch (similar here)

I'm really happy with the way this outfit turned out. This look makes me feel all feminine and girly, but not too over the top. I think the blazer keeps it from being too frilly.


The Buds & Bunches Tee has everything I love all rolled into one top: rosettes, ruching, and braided straps.


....and my accumulation of bird themed clothing items continues. I fell in love with this skirt after seeing it on Tara, and I just happened to stop by an H&M on my way home from work one day, and the skirt just happened to be right in front of me


I'm really excited to put my Foley & Corinna City Tote back into my bag rotation! The bright color is a bit loud but I absolutely love it. I bought it for a great price at the F&C sample sale a few years back, I went when I was visiting my friend K. She ended up snagging the same bag!

The weather in the city is just gorgeous today! Beautiful weather to walk around and just soak up the fresh air.

21 comments:

  1. I love the colour of the bag! very summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great outfit! You are definitely convincing me to buy every piece in it and recreate it. The color of the bag certainly is vibrant, but it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! So polished and feminine. Thanks for the blog lurv- you look amazing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is darling! And I love the pop of color the bag adds to this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought that skirt yesterday after seeing it on Tara too! Do you mind if I ask what size you got it in? Also, where does yours fall hips/waist wise? I got mine in a 6 and it sits right along my belly button line, but I'm wondering if I should go down a size?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this outfit. Everything flows together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara,
    I am wearing a size 4 in this photo, which is my usual H&M size, and it sits just above my belly button. I like it this shorter length because its more flattering on me. Since it has an elastic waist, I'm sure you would have no problems sizing down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, I really love how the blazer ties the whole outfit all together! It adds that hint of masculinity to the flowy, flowery parts of your ensemble. And the bag may be loud, but I think basic bags like that in a bold color really works! It's so simple that it CAN be loud, if that makes any sense, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love the bright bag! I am thinking of getting a city tote since I love my jetsetter jr but it sometimes feels too big for normal use. I'd probably get a boring color like black, but I love this blue. I love the bird print too – I didn't see this skirt (only dresses) at my local store. Since the waist is elastic I wonder if I could size up and wear it lower? It's just a tad too short for how I feel about my legs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROSA!! Love this! Can I request for you to be on the lookout for the skirt for me??? My H&M is so sad-looking and I haven't seen this skirt anywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. rosa, the skirt, the SKIRT! i effing love it. will hit up soho h&ms tomorrow.

    and your outfit is the cutest. hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The proportions here are AMAZING on you! The fit of the shirt + the length and shape of the skirt is so flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look amazing. I love that tank so much on you that I'll have to give it a try - I keep passing on it in the store.
    And a bird skirt? Eeek - do want!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I love the bright bag with this oufit. It really brings out the print in your skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think this is one of your best outfits so far. i was wondering...what size are you wearing in the buds & bunches tee? also, which h&m did you buy the skirt? i also live in nyc. thanks rosa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rosa- I love everything about this outfit- so pretty! I LOVE that bag too!

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    www.prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look great! I love that skirt, but there are no h&m's in texas. do you know if they do charge/sends?

    ReplyDelete
  18. anonymous (11:05pm),
    the buds & bunches tee is an xs, this top definitely runs on the bigger side. the skirt i bought at the 86th st/lexington location!

    anonymous (1:18a),
    i honestly have no idea whether they do charge/sends. i'll be sure to ask next time i'm in store!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the buds and bunches top!! It is adorable!! I am a new follower of your blog too!! Your style is lovely and I am looking forward to your new posts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love this outfit!! and also the name of the post. <3 regina spektor

    ReplyDelete