Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sugar Sweet Sunshine




What I'm wearing:
*anthropologie Lemon Squares Jacket (similar here and here)
*aerie Striped Boatneck Shirt (similar here and here)
*J Brand Skinny Crops in Ink (similar here)
*Clarks Divine Mary Janes in Cognac (similar here)

I wasn't really sure what to make of this Lemon Squares Jacket, but the sunny yellow color was calling my name. I think it's a great layering piece for this transitional weather we are having. I do think it has an identity issue though, it seems more dress like than jacket like to me (it's probably the short sleeves). I think this would also look adorable with a longer printed skirt peeking out from underneath it.

11 comments:

  1. So cute! I love it! Love the stripes underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in that sunflower-y yellow. And you could totally summer-fy it by wearing a flowy dress underneath it.

    I love how you look in skinnies - I'm dying of jealousy here! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! You always look lovely with bright colors and this one is no exception. Love the stripes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color palette of this outfit is so fun and cute! I really like your shoes. I would have never guessed they were clarks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, I definitely see this more as a dress than a jacket. I think it would look SUPER CUTE with a longer skirt poking out from underneath! I can see it with something airy and light. How is the material? Is it stiff and jacket-like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had a little geek moment over here in California when I recognized the title of your post from my trip to NYC last fall. I thought maybe you'd added a cupcake decal to your wall or something. =)

    Love that color yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellow and stripes look great!

    My giveaway ends tomorrow at noon- check it out!

    -Amanda
    (The Pretty Pauper)
    www.prettypauperstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh yellow and stripes is super fun together! I wonder if I have anything to make this combination in my closet...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forgot to let you know earlier - but your cute outfit made my fav blogger outfit of the week! :) post here: http://chasingdavies.blogspot.com/2010/05/favorite-blogger-outfits-sunny-polished.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look, that jacket is adorable on you and I always love a striped tee!

    ReplyDelete